We are excited to share that, in collaboration with Oracle Data Cloud’s Moat services, we are now offering the ability for advertisers to measure the total viewable exposure time of each ad impression, and offer 100% viewability for all VCPM (viewable CPM) and CPCV (cost per completed view) buys. This empowers advertisers to seamlessly transact on any custom duration as well as obtain KPI insights on billed impressions.
What does this mean for advertisers?
The new integration coupled with Teads’ unique viewability pricing models (CPCV/vCPM) will empower buyers to select any custom billing point of viewability and transact on any viewability requirement, as verified by Moat. By leveraging Teads’ predictive AI technology, buyers can seamlessly transact on the selected billing event in order to achieve the lowest cost per viewable impression.
For example, they can set a viewability standard for a particular campaign at 5 seconds (current MRC standard is 50% of pixels in view for at least 2 consecutive seconds). Then they will only be billed on impressions that meet the set 5 seconds viewability and Teads will auction the rest of the impressions not meeting 5 seconds as free media.
Teads will also report all KPIs at the billing event providing clients with a much clearer understanding of the performance of their campaign at that given duration.
We believe this will be a game changer for the industry as a whole. But how does it work?
- Our format only starts when the player is in view (user scrolls down the page).
- Our video player’s progress counter is able to calculate total time in view and the counter starts when the format is in view
- Buyers can then leverage Teads unique pricing models, CPCV & VCPM, to transact at any viewability requirement
- Buyers only pay on billables that reach that viewability requirement while the rest of impressions are counted as free media
- Moat verifies Teads’ billables to ensure that they are 100% viewable. Moat acts as a 3rd party verification vendor for our billables that we deem viewable
We developed this solution to service a growing industry need for a new currency that can transact on viewability. The industry currently optimizes towards viewability on total impressions (CPM) which is a very manual process and leaves the buyer to rely on a viewability score. Teads is removing this friction by moving away from the viewability score across total impressions and to a more important metric which is the cost per viewable impression.